What are Lithium LiFePO4 Batteries and why are they so good?
What is a Lithium LiFePO4 Battery
A LiFePO4 lithium battery is one type of lithium battery. The full name is Lithium Ferro (Iron) Phosphate Battery, also called LFP for short. It is now the safest, most eco-friendly, and longest-life lithium-ion battery. LiFePO4 batteries typically offer at least 3000 full charge cycles before they begin to lose capacity.
Why are Lithium LiFePO4 batteries so good?
Lithium-based batteries are considered the best for batteries because of several reasons. Lithium-based batteries are capable of providing more voltage per cell hence, reducing the number of cells required to achieve a certain voltage. Due to this reason, the overall size of lithium battery is smaller compared to other battery technologies of same size.
LiFePO4 batteries are considered safer than other lithium-ion batteries and other battery types. They have a cycle life over 4x that of other lithium-ion batteries. LiFePO4 batteries can reach up to 100% depth of discharge (DOD).
What are advantages of Lithium LiFePO4 batteries?
Some main advantages of LiFePO4 batteries are as follows:
- Less Degradation & Long Life: LiFePO4 has a long life cycle as compared to other batteries and has 1,000-10,000 cycles.
- No Harm to the Environment: Lithium iron phosphate batteries are eco-friendly and do not contain harmful metals.
- Compact Size & Lightweight.
- High Safety & Efficiency.
- Withstand Extreme Weather Conditions & Temperature.
- Good Storage & Suitable for Various Applications.
Applications for Lithium LiFePO4 batteries
LiFePO4 batteries have countless applications. Here are some of them:
Solar Industry: Batteries made of LiFePO4 can be used to store power from solar panels and other renewable sources in caravans, motorhomes and 4x4 4wd vehicles.